If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain…. Have we got the recipe for you this week! It’s less than 250 calories, 5 ingredients, and technically made in one-step: Blend.
It’s been said that a Pina Colada tastes like paradise in a cup… and many claim that your vacation hasn’t truly begun until you’ve sipped one of these tropical delights.
No matter what the weather, a frozen drink makes any day better. You can make this simple recipe at home with a few simple, natural ingredients for a Pina Colada that is less tastes refreshing and light.
This recipe formulated by the pros at VeryWellFit.Com has been tried, tested, and tested again because it tastes that good. Lowering the amount of fake sugars and added calories from mixes by substituting with less amounts of cream of coconut, more frozen pineapple chunks and fresh pineapple juice. Of course, you can make a non-alcoholic version by just omitting the rum.
- 1 jigger light rum (1.5 ounces/3 tablespoons) or a mix of light and dark rums
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until slushy.
- If you want a non-frozen version, put ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake, and strain out the ice.
Blend, sip, enjoy. Guilt-free.